13.8.14

The Owls Are Not What They Seem // Throwback to 2012

 I was going through some old photos and came across these. Daniel and I went up to San Francisco to visit his uncles and spent an afternoon exploring Muir Woods in Marin County back in October of 2012. It's incredibly beautiful there. The redwoods alone are majestic and breathtaking. I loved walking through the trees. I remember feeling like there was something special about the air. I just love the wonder of nature. We were lucky enough to cross paths with a Northern Spotted Owl. I was in such awe of the creature I was barely able to get a photograph. I felt so blessed to come across a wild owl that just happened to be sitting there, right at our eye level, like he was just waiting for us. It was very mystical. We are huge Twin Peaks fans and I remember Daniel and I turning to each other and saying:
"The owls are not what they seem."

I can't wait until this little babe in my belly is big enough to appreciate adventures like this. I can't wait for her to learn about trees and enjoy a nice hike in the woods. 

P.S. I remember at the time I was really into the song "Schroedinger's Cat" by The Ghost of A Saber Tooth Tiger. I kept listening to it walking through the woods - and I just loved the line:
"Like a tree that falls alone, in the woods without a sound, 
I can't be sure that I exist when you are not around..."









No comments:

Post a Comment