11.7.14

Nutella Brownie Balls.

If you follow my blog, you know I have made cake balls before. But I was wanting some super chocolaty Nutella ones when it dawned on me to make them with brownies instead of cake and Nutella in lieu of frosting. I improvised the recipe and they turned out amazing, much better than cake balls if you ask me. The sea salt is the key - it just brings out the sweetness so much more. 

Ingredients:
-Brownies (either from scratch or a box - I used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownies)
-Molding Dark Chocolate
-Nutella
-Coco Powder
-Sea Salt

It took me a few hours to make and yields around 24 Brownie Balls.

Step 1: 
Bake the brownies and let them cool completely. I cut mine into pieces so it would cool faster.

Step 2: 
Crumble brownies into the smallest pieces you can. They don't crumble as easy as cake does, so do your best to break it up.

Step 3: 
Mix in Nutella. I ended up adding around 4-5 Tablespoons. My brownies were really moist and didn't need a ton of Nutella mixed in. 

Step 4: 
Mix Nutella into crumbled Brownie with your hands until it is well combined.

Step 5: 
Roll into 1" balls. 

Step 6: 
Melt molding chocolate in a double boiler or two pots like I did. Make sure you stir the chocolate periodically. This helps it the chocolate on the bottom from burning and keeps the chocolate smooth.

Step 7: 
Once the chocolate is smooth and creamy, dip each ball in with a spoon and roll it to get an even coating. Place on cookie sheet/plate to cool.

Step 8: 
While the chocolate coating is still hot on each ball, sprinkle coco powder and sea salt on top. I did this one by one after I dipped each ball before the chocolate cooled. That way the coco and salt stay on and dry into the chocolate.

Step 9: 
Refrigerate for at least an hour. Make sure you take them out about at least an hour before you want to eat them, so the chocolate coating softens just a little. 

Step 10: 
Eat, Enjoy and Be Merry! 


No comments:

Post a Comment