20.10.13

Pumpkin, Spice & Everything Nice Pancakes.


I have been pumpkin obsessed lately. I bought a few cans and have just been trying to put it into everything I can. I decided pancakes would be a good vehicle for my pumpkin fix. Oh my, am I glad I did. These pancakes are pretty much the best ones I've ever eaten in my life. They are crazy good. And quite filling. They come out darker in color than regular pancakes with cinnamon sprinkled through. They look almost as good as they taste. There's layers of my favorite autumn spices in every bite. Pour on some maple syrup and it's heaven in your mouth.  
 They're perfect for a lazy Sunday. They pair nicely with cozy socks, a soft flannel and a Netflix binge session.

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk ( I use non-fat)
6 tablespoons pumpkin
1 large egg
2 tablespoons soft butter
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon of clove

1. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, butter and egg. 
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the west ingredients.
4. Grease a frying pan and cook 'em up. 1/4 cup of batter needs about 3 minutes per side on medium heat. 
I tend to add an extra dash of cinnamon and an extra little pinch of salt. I think it slightly enhances the flavors of the other spices.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment