16.10.13

Blackbird.


Feeling like a blackbird today. This capey shirt and all black ensemble makes me feel like I may grow feathers and fly away. If I could I would fly somewhere colder than sunny L.A. I can't take anymore eighty degree weather. I dream of grey skies, a chill in the air and a fall breeze. Wearing all black is really keeping me sane until I can finally sport sweaters, beanies and thick, wooly socks. All black is a regular thing for me, especially during the fall and winter seasons. I don't know why exactly. I always find that I feel like my true self in a colorless look and a bold lip with edgy accessories. Today I was feeling like a minimalist and went light on the jewelry, well, light for me. I figured in case I did grow some wings I wouldn't want a wristful of bangles to weigh me down.
This top I got in Greece in Oia on my honeymoon, it was on the mannequin and I was like yes I will have that please. It's a Greek designer called Moutaki. These skinnies I got in D.C. at a random Barney's outlet that we stumbled across. They're The Cameron by Genetic Denim in Raven. They're pretty much the best motorcycle inspired jean I have come across. They're super stretchy and comfortable with great detailing and cut.  Paired with my Sam Edelman Zoe Booties (they are my faves I have worn these so much I may need another pair) - it's the perfect day to night look for this transitional weather. Especially when I toss in my quilted, silver Rebecca Minkoff bag. 
Now I am really ready to grow some wings and fly away...
 
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night,

Take these broken wings and learn to fly...."
 
"All your life, you were only waiting
for this moment to arise..."
 
"Blackbird fly, blackbird fly, 
into the light of the dark, black night..."
// Top - Moutaki // Jeans - Genetic Denim // Bag - Rebecca Minkoff // Boots - Sam Edelman //
// Bralette - Free People //

No comments:

Post a Comment