26.9.13

A Wild Rose.

I find the transition from summer to fall to be one of the most challenging to get dressed during. It has pretty much been in the 80s, temperature wise, here in LA. Which forces me to tread on the summer side of this balance all the way until October, or so it seems. I have just been trying to avoid being outside for the last month, until it's dusk and cooling down.

 I am dying to cover my legs in jeans and tights, but alas the weather insists they continue to go bare. This We The Free Circle In The Sand Tee from Free People is really helping me get by. It's perfect in the heat because it's so airy and light. Very breathable. Yet the deep merlot and worn shades fulfill my need to be dressing for autumn. I have been living in this shirt. In a couple weeks I  will be able to pair it with distressed denim, leather jackets and cozy knits. But for now it pairs great with these blue tie dye Rag and Bone Portobello shorts.  The soft sea blue and smudged wine colors literally resemble the meeting of summer and fall to me. I threw on these vintage suede and feather boots to play up the the fall side a bit more.

 I finished it off with a top knot (my go to lately), a swipe of Nars lipstick in Christina and my Warby Parker Jasper sunnies. Bam. Ready to take on the day and this heat.








No comments:

Post a Comment