29.1.12

The Stranger in the Mirror.



For some reason, I really wanted a haircut. I had been having a desire for bangs for some time now, and felt I couldn't go on wondering about them any longer. So I cut my hair. 

I have been doing a bit of growing up lately. I wanted my outside appearance to mirror this change on the inside. I have been really taking care of myself, exercising, eating right and taking action to reach my dreams. My free, wild, natural hair was pretty but I wanted it to be tamed, add a little structure to it, have my outside reflect my maturity. Well, I am feeling rather horrified. The difference in my appearance is shocking. I look younger, we're talking like 17. I am sure over time I will get used to it. It is only hair. It will grow out. I just look like a total stranger in the mirror. It took cutting it to make me realize that my old wild and free hair was the real me. Now I just have to sit back and do nothing for like 3 years to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment