12.9.16

Wren's First Day of Preschool.


So last Thursday my little Wren had her first day of preschool!!!!!! Excuse me while I cry, freak out and beam with pride...haha. She did great. She went in and found some babies, paints and all kinds of fun things to play with, she was in heaven. It amazes me how confident, comfortable and outgoing she is. I managed to keep it together in front of her, but once we walked out of the room and down the hallway it all hit me like a ton of bricks. The water works were in full force. She isn't my baby anymore, she is this fierce, strong, fun, independent little lady. Part of me is just in such awe of her and beaming with pride, and part of me is so sad at how fast she is growing up. 

She is my best buddy, I am so used to having her with me all of the time. And I know I need some me time too. I didn't expect to miss her so much. It's only twice a week, what is the big deal? Luckily the timing of baby girl number two couldn't be more perfect. It is the prefect distraction for me to focus on while Wren is at school. And once the baby is here I think it will be great for Wren to get to be at school on her own, especially because she seems to absolutely love it. I can blame it on being pregnant but I think Moms just have so much love for their babies they can't help getting all emotional. I am so glad Daniel was there with us the first day, I think I would have been a bigger disaster if I was alone. Next time I will be by myself. Yikes. 

Oh my sweet Wren. You continue to amaze me with your strength, grace and sense of adventure. 
I love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for being you and letting me be your Mumma. 






// Wren's shirt and overalls - Gap // Shoes - Zara // Backpack - Here //

No comments:

Post a Comment