14.1.14

Amélie.

When I was sick in bed last week, Daniel put on Amélie for me. It is one of my favorite movies and I hadn't seen it in ages. It made me so euphorically happy. It's such a magical, romantic, feel good film.  I had forgotten how much a absolutely adored it. I love how the characters are introduced in the beginning. So whimsical. She is such a great character, introverted, quirky, creative, lonely...
It reminded me how much I revere Audrey Tautou and the director Jean-Pierre Jeunet. 

Watching it made me reminisce of my own time in Paris. I made sure to visit Montmartre and the Cafe des 2 Moulins where Amelie works as a waitress in the film. I shared a few Amélie centric snippets from my trip at the bottom.
I am missing Paris. Oui Oui. The accordion music playing, the wine, the outdoor cafes, the museums, the metro stations, the fresh baguettes, the croissants, the cobble stone streets, the french onion soup, the coffee....Oh Paris I dream of you....




 Enjoying some creme brûlée.
  Basilica of the Sacré Cœur, Montmartre, Paris.
 The interior of the Cafe des 2 Moulins...
 ...and the exterior.

No comments:

Post a Comment