23.4.13

If You Dare Come a Little Closer.

I just seriously cannot get enough of this song! Rihanna & Mikky Ekko's "Stay". It's just playing in my head over and over, endlessly...and somehow I want more and more. It's so simple and powerful and raw and sweet and just cuts to the core. This performance on SNL is pretty amazing. Rihanna proves she doesn't have to shake it and show some skin to get you to listen. They also added some strings in this live version that take it to another level. I really dig how simple Mikky Ekko kept this song. I'm interested in seeing what he does in the future. I read on wiki that he had a nomadic childhood traveling around the south with his preacher father. He has a lot of gospel influences. I want to hear what he has up his sleeve.

If you like this song check out Mikky Ekko's "Feels Like The End".

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment