25.8.09

Unintelligible Truth.

"On the surface an intelligible lie; underneath, the unintelligible truth." It's a quote from The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. I finished reading it today and I cannot get it from my thoughts. So often we think we know what is going on with another person,  but we really have no idea what happens in their minds.
You never know anything, except youself.
It makes life that much for exciting and that much more scary. We don't know who or what is coming and we don't know when and where it is coming...Who to trust? Who to love? Whose advice do I listen to? Did they really know what I meant? Did that come off the right way? But I will never know. To the rest of the world I am an intelligible lie. I am an unintelligible truth. We are all unintelligible truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment