8.11.10

100% Chance of Sun & Rain.

Woman in Blonde Wig: Somehow I've become very cautious. When I put on a raincoat, I put on sunglasses too. Who knows when it will rain, or when it will turn out sunny.

I have been obsessed with Wong Kar Wai's "Chungking Express for sometime now.

Cop663:You like noisy music?  
Faye:Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
Cop 663:You don't like to think? What do you like?  
Faye: Never thought about it.

He Zihwu, Cop 223: Somehow everything comes with an expiry date. Swordfish expires. Meat sauce expires. Even cling-film expires. Is there anything in the world which doesn't?
Cop663: Did I leave the tap running, or is the apartment getting more tearful? I always thought it would cope okay. Didn't expect it to cry so much. When people cry, they can dry their eyes with tissues. But when an apartment cries, it takes a lot to mop it up. 
 I just love the film...it has a pulse. I love the song "Baroque", composed by Michael Galasso and "Things in Life" by the Jamaican reggae singer Dennis Brown.
Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your blog. I, too like Jose Saramago, Pinot Noir and There will be blood.

    I liked how you described a movie having a pulse. Your blog has that- it feels alive.

    ReplyDelete