19.9.09

Le Mépris.

I just watched one of my favorite films again. I hadn't seen it for a couple of years, since graduating film school. It's a french film by Jean-Luc Godard,"Le Mepris" is the french title, and "Contempt" is the english title. Not only is this film absolutely gorgeous to watch, it is full of layers and layers of meaning.
One of my all time favorite scenes is the scene in the apartment, the dialogue, the way it's shot, everything( I won't say more, I don't want to ruin it for anybody). It is just so superbly made...
Brigitte Bardot and Michel Piccoli are brilliant!
And of course Brigitte is just breath-taking...
I am always so inspired by this film. Even when I haven't watched it for a while, it still influences me; my writing, my style, the way I view everything...And when I do watch it, I find myself contemplating different things each time...

No comments:

Post a Comment